Yesterday we finished Term 2 kids classes with our youngest Judoka ever to join the Saturday Little Kids class, with 2 Years and 2 months old! She did great!
Adult classes run all year round (except for Pub Holidays). During school holidays, if you are coming to the Wednesday adult class, please contact us beforehand to make sure we are there!
Great photo at the end of last Sunday’s VAJU Tournament.
You can see our five Yuki Judo competitors and a friend from Tori Judo along with Sensei Clau, who also competed after 3 years
All students demonstrated a great courage and attitude, attacking and resisting their opponent’s attacks with great determination.
Congratulations to all of them!
Yuki Judo wishes you a great 2022, full of success and Judo!
Our classes for Adults and Kids (8-14 YO) start on Monday 31 JAN
Little kids class on Saturdays will start on 19 FEB
See you on the mat!
On Saturday 18 December we had the last class of the year. All in all, and in spite of COVID, we’ve had a great year with a lot of highlights:
- we finished 2021 with more than 25 students in the Yuki Judo family, ranging from 3 years old to +40 YO adults.
- we hosted our first ‘This Girl Can’ event in March and our Coach was interviewed by ABC radio on that day!
- we participated in one tournament (the only one in 2021) with great results for three of our brave Judokas
- Yuki Judo got its first grading exams, with 6 of our students getting their yellow belts
- we hosted 3 free open Judo online classes during lockdown that were joined by kids, adults and entire families with and without Judo experience
- and also, our adult class is starting to pick up.
For all that, a big thank you for your support during this difficult year.
Have a great festive season and all the best wishes for 2022!
See you on the mat after the break!
Yesterday at Yuki Judo, we started Term 3 with our first 5 students receiving their 5th Kyu (yellow belts).
They have taken their grading exam during the school holidays where they had to demonstrate different skills and techniques required to receive their new rank.
Congratulations to our 5 Judokas in achieving this first milestone in their Judo learning path!
We just finished the second week with several kids trying out and enrolling in our classes.
First class is free! Just come wearing gym clothes and let’s have some fun while learning this amazing Olympic Sport and Martial Art! (Short pants are Ok but not recommended)
Mondays and Wednesdays 5PM to 6PM
Strathmore Heights Community Hall
Yesterday, I dropped the 50 judo mats at our venue in Strathmore Heights Community Hall. You can see some photos below:
Continue reading The judo Mats are ready!